First a bit of advice: Always drink upstream from the herd.
Now for a bit of news wranglin’: Over the last few weeks I have been haulin’ butt in the workshop, bringing out 4 new items for the shop. In no apparent order, here we go:
Belt: You asked for it…so I made it. I received several hundred responses to a recent survey posted about the type of belt you, my prized fans, would want to see in the Mr. Lentz Shop. Here are the results:
- 97% of you said they would indeed want a Mr. Lentz Belt, were it to appear in the shop
- 3% of you said you would rather not have one (what crawled into your bean soup anyways?) I guess they are waiting for the upcoming Belt Making Tutorial, to make their own
- 44% want Sun Tanned Natural, 40% prefer Well Worn Brown, and 16% want it Desert Night Dark
- 60% of you did not need a removable buckle, well – on this one I actually sided with the minority and gave you the option
- Finally, what was the price that you would pay for such a fine handmade product (mind you I am not running a factory over here, just me) well…you picked the lowest price I offered! Ha, of course, who wouldn’t have – I should have seen that one coming.
Well, it’s finally here, The Leather Belt, taking into account all of your personal requests. The belt is as simple as can be…but made with the finest top grain leather money can buy. Be on the lookout for a belt making tutorial coming up!
Wallet: One of my finest designs yet – The Slim Wallet. I blended a classic wallet shape with my preference for a minimal design aesthetic and here’s what happened. A fine top grain leather wallet that can easily fit all your dollar bills plus 8 credit cards. It remains extremely thin and will melt into your pocket. I went with metal rivets on the side to keep this thing tough and durable through years of abuse. As with all my leather goods – this wallet comes in three colors derived from all-natural handmade vegetable dyes and conditioned with extra virgin olive oil, walnut oil, and beeswax.
Cuff: When you make a lot of wallets…you end up with a lot of odd ends of leather that need to be used. I try not to waste anything in my workshop…and thus The Missouri Cuff was born. It’s a simple, elegant yet rustic leather snap on bracelet – fitting for any cowgirl out there…or cowboy if that’s your thing, I just wouldn’t want it to get caught in the reins.
Gift Card: Seeing as how this holiday season will be the biggest by far for the Mr. Lentz Shop (I’m busting at the beams), I thought I might give my fans an extra option while shopping around. I personally always have a bit of trouble shopping for other people…sometimes it’s just too damn hard to know what anyone will truly like. Thus my Gift Card allows you to purchase any dollar amount above $10 to be used in the Mr. Lentz Shop. Then, if your recipient resides in the good ol’ U.S. of A. I will snail mail them a custom made thin wooden gift card with all the details. International gift cards will get an emailed card.
And there you have it, all set and ready. Up next in a week or two – a great detailed tutorial on how to make the Classic Belt. Before then, rumor has it that a giveaway is coming up, don’t wander too far.